definate maybe

definate maybe
some times the cube speaks volumes

Wednesday 7 December 2011

a dreamer forever

I am a dreamer and a procrastinator.... its a bad mix lol. Here is a list of my dreams (most of them)
 to have my own band and tour and make records
to hold benefit concerts and combined art show/sales
 to paint many masterpieces
 to publish my writing in various forms, poetry some with my sketches and art to go with the writing.
 to have a piece of land with lots of nature on it and an artist retreat centre.
 to become friends with Ron Sexsmith and tour with him some day
 to do the Newcastle diabetes diet and reverse my type 2 diabetes.
to travel and see the world.
to live in compassion and love
to accept life as it comes
to live fully every moment.
Some of these dreams are simply in my heart and I am afraid to move out into the actual doing part.
Others I work at all the time... for instance I play and sing every day
I paint when inspired and love the process of doing my art.
I write every day I try to write at least 3 pages and have done this for years.... I have volumes and volumes of my writing from as far back as the late 80's
I have more than enough writing to publish a book of poetry yet can't seem to bring my self to do anything about it. I think deep down I am afraid to share it thinking it will not be well received .
I have allot of limiting thoughts I realize , here are a few of them
I am to old to start
I am not good at what I do
I'll never be good enough  etc.
I have been in those thinking patterns for years and can't break that chain it would appear.
But I know  that I am too hard on myself and have made many steps towards the dreams too.
I have at times wild mood swings I can be extremly sad and depressed in the mornings and by afternoons feel fantasic. I have been taking vitimin B and it is helping.
I have struggled with depression for years and years, but I won't let go of my dreams
one time I wrote
"My dreams all fell apart at the seams, but I kept them for I will learn to sew one day"
My friend steve  took those words and adapted them into a song , his lyrics say
"The dreams I dream fell apart at the seams but I tucked them away , needle and thread will find these dreams one day"
Any way I'll keep dreaming and taking baby steps

1 comment:

  1. Dreams are often personal and we tend to keep them to ourselves. The same goes with poetry. I have a poetry folder that has poetry going back to the 80's as well. I typically use my poetry as closings to letters, or as ways of summing up a post. I would encourage you to post your poetry (if you haven't done so already). It gives others a glimpse into your artistic eye.

    ReplyDelete